Featured Post

Blog Commencement Notice

Note: For information about me and my novels, visit my website  elizataye.com .  Disclaimer: This blog is solely for the purpose of givin...

Friday, October 12, 2018

Character Profile and Interview: Rosa

***Spoiler Alert***
 If you have not read the novel yet, reading the character interview questions and answers below will spoil it for you. This is meant to be read after you’ve finished reading the book.

Character Profile
Name: Rosa Kalani
Age: 16
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Favorite Color: Maroon
Academic Focus: Larval Behavioral Ecology of the Deep Scattering Layer
Biggest Fear: Ghosts

Personality Description:
Rosa Kalani is a friendly, intellectual girl. Although she’s very smart, she lets her insecurities get the better of her from time to time. Kindness and compassion fills her heart, making it easy for her to pick up on the emotions of others. Whenever possible, she’s the first person to help someone in need. She’s interested in a variety of subjects besides science, but science has captivated her heart since she was a small child. Even though she enjoys the logical pursuit of sciences, she believes in (and fears) the paranormal. Befriending Allie was only natural for Rosa because she saw someone in need. Shocked, but excited about discovering that Allie is a Land Dweller, Rosa can’t wait to discover more about the Above World.

Rosa has the INFJ-T or Advocate personality type. If you want to read more about this personality type, you can visit https://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality.


***Spoiler Content Below This Point***
Character Interviews

Question 1: What made you befriend Allie?

Answer: When I first arrived at school and saw a girl standing alone looking at the murals on the walls, I thought maybe she could use a friend. When we started talking and I realized we had the same class, I thought that was cool. The more I got to know Allie, the cooler she seemed to be. I love making new friends and reaching out to people, so it was easy for me to befriend Allie. Since she was new to the school, I knew she could use a friend.


Question 2: What was your first thought when you discovered Allie was a Land Dweller?

Answer: My first thought was wow! Even though she said and did some things that seemed odd to me, I would have never thought she was a Land Dweller. But, when I thought about it some more, it made sense. I wasn’t disgusted with her like some of our classmates were. I wasn’t mad at her for not telling me either. I completely understand why she would have been scared to say anything to anyone. There’s so much hostility toward Land Dwellers, especially when the submarines arrived. I just feel lucky to be her friend.


Question 3: Were you scared to use the SCUBAPS for the first time?

Answer: Not really. If anything, I guess I could say I was more nervous than scared. I’d never been in the ocean before and I didn’t know what to expect. I’d swum in pools in Oceania a lot, so I assumed it would be similar. I’d read a lot about the immense pressure outside the city, but I knew the SCUBAPS was supposed to protect us from the pressure. The explanation Allie gave us before we left for the docking bay helped a lot. The way she stays cool under pressure is amazing. It definitely helped me not be scared outside in the water. Having her around made me feel more at ease.


Question 4: When you saw the submarines arrive, did you think you were going to die? What about after they left?

Answer: I was terrified when they arrived. I’d never heard alarms going off and telling us to return to our homes like that. When the mayor came onto the announcement screens to tell us what was happening, I was terrified that we’d be attacked, especially after the mayor stated that we had no way of defending ourselves. Even after the subs left, I couldn’t help wondering if they’d return and kill us all.


Random Question: Have you ever seen a ghost?


Answer: Yes! Once when I was little, I saw something floating down the hallway in our apartment. I told my parents about it and they said I was probably seeing things. I do not like ghosts! They’re scary and they do crazy things. The one I saw was floating and eating seaweed pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment