· The depth is 10,809m (35,462ft)
· Microbial mats that fed on hydrogen and methane were found there
· Sirena Deep is 144.8 km (90mi) south of Guam
· Sirena Deep was discovered in 1997
· The location of Sirena Deep is 12.0654° N, 144.5811° E.
Note: Posts are bi-weekly. For information about me and my novels, visit my website elizataye.com . Disclaimer: This blog is solely fo...
|NOAA Okeanos Explorer [Public domain]|
|Gerringer M. E., Linley T. D., Jamieson A. J., Goetze E., Drazen J. C. [CC BY 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)]|
If you'd like to see a live specimen of a barreleye fish, check out this video by Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI).